Terms and conditions
Ownership, Liability and Use
1. Unless otherwise indicated, this Website and its contents are the property of The University of Oxford, whose administrative offices are at Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD ("the University"). The copyright in the material contained on this Website belongs to the University or its licensors. The trademarks appearing on this Website are protected by the laws of England and by international trademark laws.
2. The information placed on this Website by the University ("University Information") has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing selected information about the University, its subsidiary companies and organisations with which it is associated; and about the respective services which they offer.
3. The University does not make any warranty that information contained on this Website, or on any site linked to this Website, is complete, accurate or uptodate; and the University is not responsible for the results of reliance on any such information.
4. The University does not make any warranty that use of the Website will be uninterrupted, virusfree or errorfree; or that use of the Website will not affect other software or operating systems used to access the Website. Any warranties provided under the general law are expressly excluded to the fullest extent possible. In particular, the University does not warrant that use of the Website will not infringe the rights of any other person or organisation; nor that the Website is of reasonable quality or fit for any particular purpose, even if the University has received notice of an intention to use the Website for that purpose.
5. Unless they are contained in University Information, or unless expressly stated otherwise, opinions given on this Website are those of the individuals making them, and not those of the University: the University is not responsible for such opinions or any claims resulting from them.
6. To the extent permitted in law, the University accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be suffered by other parties as a direct or indirect result of using this Website (including loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of business, and consequential loss).
7. Persons submitting material other than University Information to this Website ￼are solely responsible for the material and for any claims relating to its content, whether made against the University or otherwise. Whilst the University does not exercise editorial control over any content posted to the Website by users, the University reserves the right at its sole discretion to remove any content which it has been notified is objectionable, whether or not the objection is substantiated, and otherwise to review, edit or delete any comments posted by users which it deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and to the extent permitted in law, the University accepts no responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties via the Website. To raise concerns about specific content or to appeal against the removal of your content, please contact Farzana Sadat at email@example.com.
8. Subject to the above, those gaining access to this Website are authorised to make use of the Website (and of any interactive facilities which are available through it) for any lawful purposes. The following is a nonexclusive list of uses which are expressly prohibited:
a. using the Website to commit or encourage unlawful acts, including unlawful copying of copyright material on the platform, or sharing of copyright material outside of the platform;
b. misrepresenting the user's identity or authority;
c. distributing any type of virus or other device intended to cause nuisance, loss or corruption of any information on the Website or accessed through it, or of any systems used to operate the Website or any systems accessed through it;
d. tampering with communications which are not the user's, or making any alteration to any information on the Website;
e. accessing or attempting to access other parties' user accounts, or soliciting login information from other users;
f. hacking or attempting to hack any part of the Website, or any system used to run it, or any system accessed through the Website;
g. disrupting the flow of communications in interactive areas;
h. storing personal data derived from the Website;
i. using the University's copyrights or trademarks (including but not limited to the University of Oxford logo, Saïd Business School logo) or any confusingly similar marks except with the University's prior written permission;
j. posting material which:
i. infringes intellectual property rights;
ii. defames or threatens other people or organisations;
iii. is offensive, obscene or hateful, or which other users of the Website are likely to consider offensive, obscene or hateful;
iv. is considered unauthorised commercial communication (spam or advertising);
v. identifies other people who have not agreed to be identified or reveals sensitive information.
9. Use of this Website by members of the University is also subject to the University's Rules for Computer Use.
10. The University collects email addresses and other contact details, together with any comments, biographical information or social media accounts you provide voluntarily via this Website. On some parts of the Website, you may be asked to provide some limited personal information in order to enable the provision of certain services e.g. registering for an event, interacting with platform members etc. The University may store this information manually or electronically. By supplying this information you are consenting to the University holding and using it for the purposes for which it was provided. Information provided will be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil that purpose. Personal information collected and/or processed by the University is held in accordance with the provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
12. The University also collects information on what pages are visited. This information is used to improve the content of the Website. The Website uses Google Analytics cookies for the purposes of managing the performance and design of the Website. These cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. By using the Website, you agree that the University can place these types of cookies on your device. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Google offer a "Google Analytics Optout Browser Addon" to provide Website visitors with more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics. Visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for more information.
13. These terms are governed by English law, and the Courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to them.
14. If any of these terms is found to be illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the term(s) in question will be severed; but the remaining terms will continue in force.